Benefits of fostering with FosterCare UK
We offer all foster carers the following rewards, support and benefits:
- A dedicated, qualified and experienced social worker
- You’ll receive regular phone calls and supervision visits from your social worker.
- Regular training delivered by professionals
- You never stop learning and growing as a foster carer and the training and support you receive will be important to you. We have a team of trained professionals who deliver training sessions on a raft of subjects including Skills to Foster and Fostering Changes – you tell us what you need, and we’ll deliver it.
- Support groups run by foster carers
- Having a support network will provide you and your family with an opportunity to learn from each other’s experiences and share your stories in a safe environment.
- Excellent and competitive rates of pay
- Fostering a child who desperately needs your help not only has emotional rewards, but financial benefits, too. As a foster carer, there is rarely time away from the job – which is why a fostering allowance is provided in order to support you.
- Generous tax exemptions on fostering income
- As well as a competitive rate of pay you’ll also benefit from qualifying care relief which means you’ll earn £10,000 from fostering before you have to pay tax and you get a tax relief for every week you foster a child.
- 24/7 on call service
- You will be supported by an Out of Hours service 24/7 365 days a year, you’ll never be on your own.
- 14 days paid holiday (respite) a year
- You’re entitled to take a break and re-energise, and we’ll support you with paid respite giving you the peace of mind you need.
- Family outings and social events
- You’ll become part of the FosterCare UK family, and like all families, we’ll take the time to get together and go on family outings and arrange some social events.
- Membership of FosterTalk
- You’ll automatically become a member of FosterTalk, providing you with discounts, a subscription to FosterTalk Magazine, tax advice, legal advice and much more.
- Max Card with discounts
- The Max Card is the UK’s leading discount card for foster families and families of children with additional needs. You’ll be sent a Max Card that can be used at venues across the UK to get free or discounted admission.
If you’d like to find out more about the support and training, we will provide, contact us today.