Benefits of fostering with FosterCare UK
As an Employee Ownership Trust, we are proud to be run by members of staff with years of fostering experience and expertise, who are dedicated to delivering a comprehensive support package, that provides you with a high-quality support service and allows you to grow in your role as a foster carer.
We offer all foster carers the following rewards, support and benefits:
Support for you
- Induction Programme - once approved as a foster carer, we will give you a bespoke induction designed to meet your needs as we help you prepare for your first placement.
- Regular supervisions and regular calls/ video chat - you will be assigned a dedicated, qualified and experienced social worker who is always at the end of the phone to offer support and guidance.
- Our Social Workers have small caseloads - so you will have all the support you need from our social workers who have the time to spend with you when you need it.
- 24/7 support, 365 days - if you need us in an emergency during the night, at the weekend or on holidays, we are at the end of the phone so you’ll never be on your own
- Access to our pioneering therapeutic service - we are proud of our therapeutic service which provides you with a completely bespoke support package when you have a MATS placement; giving you the tools to support the child in your care.
- Mentoring - as a newly approved carer, we will ensure you get the support and advice you need from one of our experienced foster carers right from the beginning of your fostering journey.
- Your development - we are committed to ensuring you have all the training you require to allow you to provide great foster care; we will work in partnership with you to understand your desires as a foster carer and agree a plan of professional development.
- Meeting with Managers - attending sessions held by your local managers will allow you to share your thoughts on the service we provide, seek support and ensure your voice is heard in shaping our ongoing service delivery.
- Dedicated placement officer and plan - we will work with you to understand your matching requirements when you’re approved as a foster carer, working hard to identify the right child or young person for you to foster and make sure your family book and profile is up to date.
- FosterTalk - we will provide with a membership to FosterTalk, a service for foster carers which gives you access to legal, financial and tax advice along with access to hundreds of discounted goods and services.
Foster Carer Progression and Training
- Statutory training - as a minimum, you will complete all mandatory core training during your time as a carer to help you care with confidence.
- Specialist training - you will be expected to continue your professional development and will have access to a range of training in specialist aspects of foster care, for instance: therapeutic, parent and child and long-term training in order to open up the range of children and young people you can care for
- Flexible training plans - a variety of training opportunities which are delivered at local venues, online and at varying times to suit your and your family’s busy schedules.
- Regular support groups - there is an expectation that you will attend regular support groups to provide you and your family with an opportunity to learn from other carers experiences and to seek support and guidance in a safe environment.
- Dedicated online Carer Area - a secure portal exclusive to FosterCare UK foster carers which will keep you up to date with news, training and what’s on in your local area.
- Ambassadors - dedicated foster carer representatives who will advocate for you and help grow the pool of carers in your area through events and carer to enable us to reach more children.
- Events - having fun is important, so we will organise events for you, your families and children and young people in your care.
- Key milestones - recognising and celebrating your key achievements such as awards for length of service.
- Discounted goods and services - through our affiliated partners you will receive a discount card that can be used at venues across the UK. This includes access to discounts from branded goods, days out and holidays for your family.
Your Own Children
- Support groups for own children - it’s important to us to hear from your children and other children who permanently live in your home as a really important part of the fostering family.
- Access to Social Workers - your birth children and other children who permanently live in your home are an important part of your fostering family and it’s important we listen to them.
- Charity awards - we are happy to make donations to charitable activities undertaken by members of the fostering family.
- Dedicated events - your family will become part of our family and we’ll take the time to get together.
Valuing the children in your care
- Advocacy - we listen, hear and act for those we support.
- Access to clinical support services - we are proud of our innovative therapeutic service which allows our carers and children to access to a range of bespoke therapeutic advice and support.
- Visits by our Social Workers - ensuring there is open dialogue with children and young people allowing for their voices to be heard.
- Education specialists - providing you and the children in your care with advice and guidance on education related topics and schooling.
- Support workers/ children’s champions - a team of support workers to work with children and young people to support you with their development and growth.
- Celebrating successes - acknowledging the journey children and young people make and celebrating their successes together.
- Children’s forums - providing a safe and protected space for children and young people to express themselves.
- Access to Capstone Care Leavers Trust as a priority - we support children leaving care as they transition to independence through the Capstone Care Leavers Trust
- Competitive allowances - we recognise that fostering is a significant commitment which is why a fostering allowance is provided in order to support you.
- Respite (up to 14 days) - allows you to take a break without worrying about the financial implications.
If you’d like to find out more about the support and training, we will provide, contact us today or call 0844 800 1941.