We are delighted to announce FosterCare UK has been shortlisted as a finalist in the The Recruitment and Professional Development Award category.
The Children & Young People Now Awards are the gold standard for everyone working with children, young people and families. Now in their twelfth year, these awards provide a great source of pride and recognition for all those who strive day in, day out, to improve the lives of others. They offer an opportunity to raise the profile of projects and initiatives to funders and the general public. The awards recognise initiatives from the public, private and voluntary sector that work with children and young people from birth to adolescence as well as their families. Initiatives might be aimed at all children and families within a community or targeted at those who are the most vulnerable or disadvantaged. Crucially, entrants must be able to provide evidence that what they have done has had a positive impact on people’s lives. *
Foster Care UK evidenced in their nomination:
- Our ethos which joins staff and foster carers as one united child care work force
- Use of foster carer ambassadors to recruit and develop new foster carers.
- Use of foster carer ambassadors to provide training to staff and foster carers.
- Highest quality supervision to all staff and foster carers.
- Training and development at the centre of what we do.
- Each social worker is a ‘Champion’ for a specialist area. This ensures the social work team keeps up to date with newest thinking in complex and critical topics such as CSE and Radicalisation.
- Innovative Registered Manager who introduces new and relevant training ahead of the sector.
* Source CYPN website