Fostering Support Coordinator
Permanent & Full Time
FosterCare UK is an independent fostering service who are available to help foster children build brighter futures. Our vision is to make a difference to the lives of disadvantaged children and young people, supporting carers to do an important job really well. Always striving for excellence in everything we do.
We are currently recruiting for a Fostering Support Coordinator to be based from our Ashford office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Answering the telephone, managing outgoing post, writing letters and reports etc and deal with basic office enquiries in a helpful, courteous manner, being aware of the need to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ensure efficient maintenance of all records
- Booking all meeting rooms for Kent meetings and booking lunches for these events when needed
- To manage the Kent office petty cash
- To manage the Kent office diary
- To undertake minute taking duties for Fostering Panels and other meetings as required
- To chase foster carer’s for all relevant documentation and any other information
- To process DBS applications, foster carer medicals & Local Authority Checks
- To scan and upload documents to a secure database system
- To complete significant events administration process and notifications to Ofsted within agreed timescales
- Managing admin for respite placements
- Managing the admin processes for foster carer’s training
- Any other duties relevant to the post
Applicants will have the following:
- Strong administration skills
- Minute taking experience
- Courteous and professional manner
- Intermediate user of MS Office
Foster Care UK are committed to your development. In November 2017 Foster Care UK were very proud to win the Recruitment & Professional Development Category National Award at the Children and Young People Now Awards, recognising our outstanding support and training to our staff team and foster carers.
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people is enshrined within FosterCare UK’s policy and practice. We expect our employees to share this commitment with us. An enhanced DBS application will be essential for this role.
If you feel you are able to share our vision and would like to join our team please do not hesitate to apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Friday 21stJune 2019