FosterCare UK has a strong commitment in continually striving to achieve Best Quality in all its fostering services and as such reviews its policies, practices and procedures on a regular, on-going basis. Under the guidance of Fostering Regulations and statutory legislation, we have clear procedures for monitoring and controlling our fostering services and ensuring quality performance.
Aims & Objectives
The aims and objectives of our Quality assurance programme are as follows:
Our Aims are to:
- Provide a quality service in which service user feedback and self-evaluation is a constant and valued process.
- Ensure that accurate information is available to inform the work of the service and secure the successful delivery of aims and objectives of the service
Our Objectives are to ensure that:
- All foster carers provide high quality placements that meet the assessed needs of children placed with them, in line with the Care Plan or other identified plans.
- Senior Practitioners and Supervising Social Workers monitor the work of foster carers and provide appropriate and timely support and supervision.
- Directors and Managers are aware of the demands being made on FosterCare UK services
- Managers are aware of the resources available and needed to meet actual and projected demands
- Resources are used effectively to meet the demands placed on the service
- Management data is available to assist with reporting on the 5 Outcomes Framework indicators and additional QA processes
- The work of the service continues to meet; Its aims and objectives, The requirements of children needing foster placements, requirements of the appropriate Fostering Services Standards and associated Regulations
FosterCare UK has achieved Investors in People Gold Accreditation